The ProSkills Basketball Coaching Staff consists of individuals who are committed to providing a positive experience for all of the student athletes who participate in our club.
The role of a basketball coach is to develop character and provide direction to student athletes so that they may achieve a high level of success as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork.
We require our coaches to interact respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches and parents.
Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows and upholds ProSkills policies
2. Plan, organize, recruit and direct basketball practices.
3. Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
4. Ensures that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
5. Works well with other from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
6. Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.